books and stories are FREE
$name = 'Casseroles & Pies';
$page_num = "8";
5 lbs russet potatoes (about 10 medium-sized
2 whole large onions
1 medium orange bell pepper diced
1/2 T salt
1/2 T cayenne
1 T cup minced shado beni
6 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup EVOO
- Place a 9x13 baking pan into the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and shred the potatoes into large pasta like shreds.
- Place the potato shreds in a bowl. cover with water and let them sit for
- In the meantime, peel and shred the onions.
- Whisk the eggs, shado beni, garlic salt and cayenne until fluffy.
- Drain the potato shreds in a colander. Push down firmly to get the
excess liquid out.
- Pour everything except the EVOO into a large bowl and use your hands to
mix everything until uniformly combined.
- Take the baking pan out of the oven and pour half of the EVOO into it.
Tilt it so the oil covers the bottom, or use a brush. Careful, this is a
very hot pan.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over the top, and bake for 60 minutes.
- If not nicely browned on top, broil for 5 minutes.
|< Previous Page
Casseroles & Pies
||Next Page >
downloads are available at